Chocolate Nut Milk
Superfood Chocolate Milk
○ 2 cups raw cashews, soaked*
○ 4 cups filtered water
○ 1/2 cup coconut cream, or 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
○ 1/4 cup Lifehouse Cacao Latte
○ 2 tsp ground cinnamon
○ 1 tsp ground ginger
○ 1/2 Tbsp Pure maple syrup
1. Soak cashews covered in a bowl of room temperature water for 6-8 hours. OR soak cashews in a pot of boiled water for 45 minutes.
2. In bowl of heavy duty food processor or high speed blender, add all of the ingredients. Process for 2-3 minutes. Remove lid and use spoon to check for sweetness – add to taste as necessary. Blend again. There will be some coconut cream residue left in bowl. Scrap with spatula and mix in as much as you can.
3. Using cheese cloth or nut milk bag and large bowl (enough for 5-6 cups of liquid) carefully pour nut milk mixture through strain, squeezing out all of the liquid. What remains is the pulp – you can dry out to use as a nut meal for later.
4. Transfer chocolate nut milk to glass jars with lid. Refrigerate until ready to serve.